At Wilgewandel Holiday Farm we have a wide variety of fun activities for young and old at rock-bottom prices!!
We cater for children's parties, special functions and school groups.
Special packages for school groups of 20 children and more are available.
- Wilgewandel Waterslides
Waterslides are open daily from 11:00-17:00
Group bookings for more than 20 persons is essential.
Evening bookings for groups available, but must be booked in advance.
- Camel rides: We have seven very friendly and well-trained dromedary camels that can't wait to offer you a ride. Their names are: Joshua, Moses, Vossie, Abraham, Nelson, Thabo and Josef.
- 18 hole Ghwarra-Ghwarra Golf: Fun and entertaining putt-putt for young and old alike.
- Donkey cart rides: This traditional way of transportation is a lot of fun.
- Foefie slide: 100 metres long and 6 metres high across our farm dam (zipline).
- Pedal cars
- Rowing boats
- Farm atmosphere: We pride ourselves on creating a healthy farm atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy the fresh air.
- Animals to feed: In true farm style we have a variety of farm animals to feed. These include rabbits, a pig, billy goats, donkey, ostriches and sheep. (Touch farm).
- Curios and gifts to buy: Our curio shop has a large variety of local wines, homemade goodies, gifts and curios. Cold drinks, ice-cream, sweets, biltong, and lots of special gifts are available.
- Quad Buggies (only available during holidays)
- Fun obstacle / teambuilding course
- Plenty of GREAT photo opportunities!
Entrance to Wilgewandel Holiday Farm is free.
- Wilgewandel Water-slides:
30 minutes session is R40.00 per person
60 minutes session is R50.00 per person
90 minutes sessions is R60.00 per person
- Camel rides – Adults (13 years and older) R80.00 PP, Children (3-13 years) - R40.00 PP
- 100m foefie slide (zip line) R10.00 per person
- Pedal carts - R10.00 per person (2 rounds)
- Rowing boats - R10.00 per person (5 minutes)
- Donkey cart trips R10.00 per person
- Trampolines R10.00 per person (Children)
- Feeding the farm animals R10.00 per person per tin of food
- 18 hole Ghwarra-Ghwarra Golf (Putt-Putt) - R10.00 per person
- Quad Buggies - R100.00 for four rounds
The world famous Cango Caves are only 2km from Wilgewandel Holiday Farm.
Prince Albert, just on the other side of the Swartberg Mountain; a very charming Karoo town with its rustic look and authentic white gabled houses will steal your heart for ever, about 40km drive by car.
Swartberg Pass, about 10km from Wilgewandel Holiday Farm promises awesome views of the Klein Karoo and the Swartberg Mountain.
The Gamkaskloof better known as ‘The Hell’ is about one and a half hours drive from Wilgewandel. Experience an unspoilt Karoo valley in the heart of the Swartberg Mountains.
Rust and Vrede Waterfall, on the way back to Oudtshoorn at the turn off to the Cango Mountain Resort will lend some personal spending time in unspoilt nature.
Cango Ostrich farm, about 10 km from Wilgewandel on the R328 road to Oudthoorn, will give you the opportunity to ride an ostrich and to learn more about these amazing birds.
Le Petit Karoo Ranch, 10 km from Wilgewandel promises horseback rides in the Klein Karoo.
Buffelsdrift Game Lodge, 20km from Wilgewandel. You can go on a ‘bush drive’ and even feed elephants.
The Meerkatman is 40km from Wilgewandel.
CP Nel Museum, 27km from Wilgewandel, Experience the romance of a bygone era.
Visit the Cango Route - the R328 and all it has to offer.
So, come and visit Wilgewandel Holiday farm and experience the unexpected pleasures of the Klein Karoo with us.